Independent research confirms The First Tee’s ability to instill life skills and core values in youth participating in programs delivered through its chapters. Highlights from the study include:
- Participants unanimously identified school as a setting in which they transferred life skills.
- 73% reported high confidence in their ability to do well academically.
- 82% felt confident in their social skills with peers.
- 57% credited The First Tee for their meeting and greeting skills.
- 52% credited the program for their ability to appreciate diversity.
Our character education and life skills programs help young people prepare for success in high school, college and life. Through a partnership with the Coachella Valley Unified School District and the Desert Sands Unified School District, The First Tee programming through The First Tee National School Program will be a part of the physical education curriculum at fourteen CVUSD and twelve DSUSD elementary schools. Over 6,000 children have been impacted by The First Tee of the Coachella Valley, and the number continues to grow as our local chapter expands.
THE FIRST TEE CHAPTERS
- Programming locations (golf facilities): 1,200
- Number of active coaches: more than 3,900
- Number of volunteers: more than 24,000 (including board members)
- PGA/LPGA professionals serving as coaches, executive directors, staff and volunteers: 1,024
- Participant gender: 50% female, 50% male (All U.S. junior golfers : 33% female, 67% male)
- Participant ethnicity: 51% White or Caucasian, 16% Black or African-American, 18% Latino or Hispanic, 7% Asian, 7% Multi-Racial, less than 1% Native American or Native Alaskan, less than 1% Pacific Islander
THE FIRST TEE NATIONAL SCHOOL PROGRAM
- Number of students reached in 2016: more than 4 million
- Introduced to more than 10,000 schools in more than 1,400 school districts
- Student gender: 50% female, 50% male
- Student ethnicity: 49% White or Caucasian, 23% Latino or Hispanic, 21% Black or African-American, 4% Asian and 3% Other (based on 2014 data)
THE FIRST TEE DRIVE
- Number of young people reached in 2016: more than 220,000
- Introduced to more than 1,300 youth-serving locations
- Participant gender: 49% female, 51% male
- Participant ethnicity: 29% White or Caucasian, 29% Latino or Hispanic, 26% Black or African-American, 9% Asian and 6% Other (based on 2014 data)